Yoga Philosophy workshop with Dr. Ganesh Rao
As part of Yogaone’s first 200-hour teacher training yoga programme, we are delighted to have Dr. Ganesh Rao become part of the teaching staff for Yoga Philosophy.
We are also pleased to offer this workshop to our community even if you are not attending the teacher training. If you have always had an interest in yoga and its philosophy and are keen to find out more or want to expand your knowledge and understanding, Dr Ganesh will lead you through a 3-day workshop to take you to a deeper understanding of yoga and its philosophy.
You do not have to sign up for all 3 days however, we do encourage to attend all 3 if possible and a certificate of attendance will be issued.
1:30pm – 3:30pm
Sept 5th – Sept 7th 2019
The Teaching Module/syllabus includes:
- Meaning, Definitions and Traditions of Yoga.
- Mantra Chanting and Significance of AUM.
- Hatha Yoga: Meaning, Salient Features / Practices and Relevance.
- Theories of Indian Culture relevant for Yoga and its Practices.
- Indian Philosophy – an Overview.
- Samkhya Philosophy (Samkhya Philosophy provides philosophical foundations for Yoga Practices).
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras (Salient Features).
- Yogic Anatomy and Physiology (Prana, Nadis, Chakras, Kundalini & its awakening).
- The relevance of Yoga Practices in Modern Times.
About Dr Ganesh Rao:
Dr. Rao has conducted more than 18,000 sessions of Yoga to date, covering both the theory and practice of all aspects of Yoga catering towards health and healing.
As a perennial knowledge seeker, he holds a Masters in Commerce (M. Com.) with Advance Accounting and Costing,
D.M.S. (Diploma in Management Studies).
Masters in Arts (Philosophy) (Rank Holder)
Ph. D. (Doctorate in Philosophy),
- N. (Diploma in Naturopathy),
- Y. Ed (Diploma in Yoga Education); Specialist Instructor in First Aid and Home Nursing.
His expertise and endeavors are geared towards enabling the adherent to transcend the physical, mental, psychological and intellectual aspects while aiming for the ultimate purpose for which Yoga authentically stands. In this process, physical health, mental harmony, psychological serenity, and intellectual clarity arise as by-products.
Happiness prevails all along.
Dr. Rao is a Guide for Ph.D. students in Philosophy and Yoga of Mumbai University and K.K. Sanskrit University, Nagpur. Presently, he is Advisor to Kaivalyadhama, Mumbai as also a Member of the Board of Studies of Kaivalyadhama, Lonavala.
In addition to being a Visiting Faculty in Mumbai University and K. J. Somaiya Institute for the Diploma Courses in Yoga and Counseling, for B.A. and M.A. Degree Courses in Philosophy and Yoga Shastra, he is a Visiting Faculty at Kaivalyadham, Mumbai and Lonavla. He was a Visiting Faculty for Western Philosophy (2001 & 02) at the Institute of Technology and Management, Mumbai.
300 aed plus VAT for each day
850 aed plus VAT for 3 days
Early bird pricing – 15% off price until July 5th